Monday, April 11, 2016

Plzen

We had a pretty successful week here in Plzen.
On Monday we went bowling with a less active and some other missionaries in our district. Then on Tuesday President McConkie came to our district meeting and to do some interviews. He gave me a whole new out look on recognizing the spirit. One thing we do as humans is second guess all of our thoughts, but with deciding if something is the Holy Ghost or just a thought that we have is simple. Just as scriptures and many prophets have told us, anything good is from God. As I have stopped second guessing the impressions I receive we have had a lot of success. The other day we decided to contact on a bus, I contacted this girl and taught her the restoration. She wouldn't set up with me so I figured I would never see here again. But a couple days later she called and said I heard your message on the bus and I want to learn more, when can we meet? So we met with her and on Sunday she came to General Conference. We don't know why we chose to get on that specific bus but because we followed the small prompting we found someone that was in need of our message.
This weekend we had the opportunity to watch General Conference. We were able to get five of our investigators to come and watch. It was amazing how their talks were exactly what our investigators needed to hear but at the same time it was exactly what I needed to hear. I know that God speaks through His prophets and He speaks to each one of us individually. The words they spoke are just proof that God is loving and that we have true prophets in our day. I hope you all felt Gods love as you watched conference, even though almost all of you watched it last week. Have a great week.

Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment