Monday, November 14, 2016

Ostrava

Well I am finally all settled in here in Ostrava! Things are going good!

Last week was pretty cool, we had a stake conference in Prague and while I was there I met the guy that I played hockey with in Utah like 5 years ago! I was way pumped to see him. I got to see all the people from Plzen as well and the two girls that we were teaching when I was there came! Also that less active that we were working with came to the conference with us! The night before the conference we had a lesson with her and she told us that she prayed and asked how she knows if she is getting an answer or not. We had such a spiritual lesson and she was crying and told us that she hadn't felt that feeling for so many years. She is a pretty closed off person and tries to seem like she doesn't need anybody else but she opened up to us and it was an amazing experience to see how much she has changed in just a few weeks. We also had 4 of our investigators tell us that they knew that the Book of Mormon is true. It was so cool to see that they all had their own testimony of the Book of Mormon and were ready to act on that. It was pretty hard saying by to everyone in Olomouc cause I was there for so long but it's good to have change every once in a while.
I'm now serving in a ward which is new for me but it has been good so far. The missionaries don't have to have any callings are anything. Its still pretty small, we have about 30 people at church each week but its a lot more that my last area. Ostrava is a pretty sweet city. It's big and has a ton of trams and trains that we contact on. It's super ugly and the sun never shines but its a ton of fun. My first day here our landlord invited us over for dinner and his wife made the best svickova I have had! It was awesome. I don't know how they aren't members cause they love the missionaries. It's been pretty great here so far though! Oh we also visited this graveyard for a holiday that they have here where they light candles and put them on the tombstones to remember the dead.

I know that God is merciful and even though we all make mistakes, there is always a way to be forgiven. Have a great week!:)

Alma 42:15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

Elder Paxton

ps Elder Bowen and I switched glasses for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment