Monday, December 19, 2016

So I'm finally starting to get use to the new area. It's fun getting to see new areas because each city is different but moving sucks! It's my least favorite thing. This week was pretty cool cause in Fydek-Mistek there is this tunnel with tons of graffiti and a piano in it so I took my guitar and my companion and I played Christmas songs for people in the tunnel. It was freezing cold so my fingers got wrecked while playing but people loved it! We also had our Christmas party as a ward and that was a lot of fun because we got to do all the Czech Christmas traditions. One thing they do is take a walnut shell and put a candle in it so that it kind of looks like a boat. Then they light the candle and put the shell in a bowl of water and depending on what happens with the little boat it tells you how your year is going to be next year. I don't really know how to explain it but it was fun. The little kids from that family we are working with came and they got the box of presents and walked around giving one to everyone and they would take one until everyone had one first. They are so awesome. Basically the whole Christmas party they came up to me and said please play hide 'n' seek with us! So I did and it was the funnest thing every! haha I love those little kids so much!:) Oh also pretty crazy, we invited someone to our Christmas party and we told them it was with our church but for some reason they thought it was a legit party so they brought a cake with alcohol in it and we didn't know until everyone was already eating it! haha even one of the sister missionaries ate some of it!
It's pretty great cause in my new area a way cute old couple feeds us every Sunday. They cook so much food and I have to eat most of it because the sisters barely eat any and Elder Vickers gets distracted talking the whole time. Its way good food but yesterday I ate so much that I thought I wasn't gonna make it. I gained 3 kilos in one night! Today we got out hair cut from a member and that was pretty fun then we played squash as a district! I'm pretty excited this week for Christmas! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and don't forget the real meaning behind it!

 Vesele Vanoce!
 Starsi Paxton







No comments:

Post a Comment