Monday, February 1, 2016

Half way through my first transfer!

It's crazy how time goes by! In my mission we have 9 week transfers so I just barely hit the half way mark. But I love it here! The city is awesome and the people are great!!
This week we had zone training and since my companion is a zone leader he had to meet up with the other zone leader to plan for that so for about three days I was with Elder Beazer again! He is great, this is his second transfer so we are both super new but we have gone on a bunch of exchanges together and it is crazy trying to teach lessons together but somehow it turns out great! At training Elder Beazer and I practiced teaching the mission presidents wife and she said we worked really well together especially since we weren't even companions! The training was really good and our mission is doing really well! On the way home we got on a train that is suppose to be super fast and really nice but it broke down after one stop and they threw all of the passengers on a tiny, crappy, super slow train! It took us double the time to get home and we were stuck standing in the area by the bathrooms! It was so hot and such a long ride! haha but it was a pretty fun experience!
Our district did service for Vladimir again and this time is was some pretty hard work! We moved a whole bunch of old furniture and equipment out his factory and into a different building but we had to lift it up some sketchy wooden stairs that are super steep! It was way fun though because he is trying to restore a castle he owns so we get to work with him on that and see all of these super antique things! I love it!
My companion and I had a pretty good week, we got 3 new investigators and they are all really cool! Two of them we contacted at separate times and they both sent us a text that said they couldn't stop thinking about our message and wanted to learn more so we taught them and they seem really interested in getting baptized! I really hope things work out because they would be really good branch builders and help us get a stake in the Czech Republic. We are getting super close to that!
Also our branch just bought the upstairs to the building of our church and we got to see it the other day and they are going to expand the chapel downstairs because we are getting pretty big! Our branch is doing really good!
Not much else has happened but it has been a super fun week!
One scripture that has really helped me this week is Moroni 7:33. About how if we have faith in Jesus Christ we will have power. I know this is true because I have seen it here, people don't have faith and they have a really hard life but as soon as they build that faith in Christ their lives improve dramatically!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Starší Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment