Monday, February 29, 2016

Transfers!

This week went great! Last Sunday I gave another talk in church and it went really well but let me tell ya talks back home were a lot easier than here! On Monday we went to Prague and it was a lot of fun! We had some pretty interesting people come up to us. One guy was from Florida but lives in Prague now and he was crazy. He kept telling my companion "I don't even know you but I like you, you've got a nice smile." But then he looked at me and said yours is a little goofy! haha Then he just chewed us out for a while and he just kept saying "Jesus says love everyone, I love ya, I don't think very highly of you but I love ya!" It was so weird. Then we ran into some other elders and sisters that were in Prague for visa work so we went to dinner with them.
On Tuesday we had a lesson with Morgan and Michal, Morgan is on date and speaks English but we were on splits so I was teaching them with a member that kind of speaks English but about half way through they started asking probably the hardest questions a missionary could be asked! And I didn't even have a companion to help me out! It was terrible! But I answered the best I could and he is still working towards baptism.
Wednesday we went to Prague again for training and they announced our new mission president, President Jan Pohořelicky!! He is a Czech so I am super excited to have someone born here be our next president!
On Thursday I had an exchange with Elder Hymus and that night we had our "Culture Night" so we went to an opera in a really old but super nice theater! They are really in to plays/ operas/ ballet here so it was cool to experience that! We also went to the tallest cathedral/kostel and it was way cool but there were so many stairs!!! haha
Saturday we got a call from President McConkie, I get to stay here in Plzen and my new companion is Elder Carlson. He is only one transfer ahead of me but he is follow up training me and will also be the district leader! My old companion Elder Needham is now the AP!
So today Elder Carlson showed up and we are already working hard! I am super excited for this transfer! It is going to be interesting!
This week I challenge everyone to read Luke 10, The Good Samaritan and remember to always be willing to help and when you receive help always pay it forward! We get to do a lot of service here and it is amazing to see how much it helps the people and how happy they are when we finish! I hope you all have a great week!
Elder Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment