Thursday, November 5, 2015

MTC Week 1 11/5/2015

Hello everyone!! I made it through my first week at the MTC!! Only 8 more to go. It's been great, the language is crazy and pretty hard to learn but I'm doing really well with it! The teachers have been speaking in Czech since day 1 and rarely speak any English to us. We taught our first investigator the second day we got here and had to teach the whole lesson in Czech so that was pretty interesting. The investigators name is Terezie she is from the Czech Republic and doesn't speak any English. I have no idea what she ever says to us so I usually just nod my head and smile. But after a few lessons we invited her to be baptized but she was baptized Catholic as a baby so she doesn't understand why she should get baptized again so we are trying to explain that to her.

My companion is great, he's from Idaho and we like most of the same things so that's good. Our district is really cool as well. There are 3 elders still here from the last transfer of Czech missionaries because their visas haven't come yet and they have helped us a lot! Everyone does really weird things here in the MTC but I guess after being here for 9 weeks you have to keep yourself entertained somehow!

We play sand volleyball every day that we have gym which is probably the funnest thing we do here! It's getting super cold though so it kind of sucks but I still play! Not much happens here though so I don't have anything really interesting to share.Thanks to everyone that has sent me stuff and helped me out with everything!! Love you all!!

Elder Paxton







No comments:

Post a Comment