Monday, January 4, 2016

1st week in the Czech Republic

​Hey everyone!! So I have had a crazy week! I was in the MTC for Christmas and it was great, we had a devotional and David A. Bednar came with his family! He passed out like 150 cell phones to text him a question we had and then he did a Q&A thing. I got to sit on the second row right behing his family and it was so cool being that close him! It was really cool to hear his answers and his testimony! Then that night David Archuleta performed for us! That was so much fun!
On Monday we flew to the Prague which took forever and we lost a whole day because of the time difference! But I just slept on all the flights so I didn't care! haha When we finally got to Prague we met the President and his family and they took us on a tour of Prague. It was amazing to see such an old city with huge castles and amazing buildings! It is so beautiful here!! The next day I met my trainer Elder Needham and went the the city I am serving in, Plzen! It is a really cool city, the girl that I skyped in the MTC lives here but she didn't make it to church so I haven't met her in person yet. Also they have the best Hockey team and Soccer team in the Czech Republic which is awesome!
On New Years Eve the Czech Republic goes crazy!!! There were fireworks everywhere and we had an awesome view from our apartment so we got to stay up and watch those. It sounded like a war zone throughout the whole day and night! But it was kind of scary because the last three or so days there will be explosions everywhere because people will just make huge home made firecrackers and stuff and throw them wherever they want so we have been walking sometimes and things will blow up next to us! haha But I think that is pretty much over with now!
We have had some good lessons that I try to participate in but I don't understand anything they are saying so usually I just throw in a few words here and there and hope they understand! My very first night in Prague we went contacting on the tram and they first guy I went to told me my Czech sucked and asked if I would speak in English to him, that has actually happened a few times. haha and on my first train ride some old man got really mad at us and starting speaking really fast and saying a lot of bad things, my companion understood him but I didn't understand him so it didn't really bother me. We also have an investigator at a mental hospital but they don't allow us to come in so we had to teach out in the snow. His name is Pavel and apparently he killed someone but he says he didn't. He was in jail for like 17 years and is now in the mental hospital. It was really weird there but whatever! Most of our day is spent contacting outside or on the tram, it is freezing!!! But I am getting use to it. A lot of people here will stop and talk with us but they usually don't want to meet with us again which sucks but we actually have a lot of investigators and people on schedule for baptism so that is great!!
On Friday I met the branch members and went on a hike with them, Plzen has some beautiful parks and lakes so it was cool to see that and meet all the members! We also got to play soccer with members and investigators on Saturday which was way fun and a couple of teenagers asked if they could play so after we talked to them about the gospel for a while!
So it's been good here, cold but good! And the Lord has helped me out a lot! It's crazy to see a place that doesn't have any faith or religion. Everyone is so sad and always drunk. I just want to say how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life to bring me joy and lets me know what my purpose is! And because of Jesus Christ and his Atonement we can be happy and live with our families forever! I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Starší Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment