Monday, January 18, 2016

Had an awesome week! We started out by going to Sister Komancova's for the Trdelnik challenge!
Trdelniks are a dessert here that are basically just sugar with some dumpling and fruit! But before we get to start with the Trdelnik challenge she makes us eat a huge bowl of soup and she won't bring out the Trdelniks until all of the soup is done. So we eat the soup and are already so full but then we start to eat the Trdelniks, she will give us each three at a time and just keep giving us three more and three more! The first three are amazing but once I got to nine I started to feel super sick but she just kept making more and more and you have to eat them! Luckily she didn't make as many this time as she did last time so I only ate 13 but last transfer an elder ate 27!! You basically feel super sick for two days but it is worth it!!
Then I went to Prague for an exchange with the AP. It was great! The second I got off the bus we contacted every single person we saw, and there are a ton of people in Prague. I still had my luggage and everything but we just kept contacting until we finally made it to the apartment and dropped off my stuff then went back to contacting! It was the craziest two days of my mission! We would literally run from lesson to lesson and never stop contacting people! By the end of the exchange I was exhausted but I learned so much from the AP's! The President told me I was doing a great job and the AP's told me I had so much confidence and no fear!! So that was great! They also challenged me to try something on my train ride back to Plzen, it's called train tracted. Basically you just go from room to room opening the door and asking who wants to be taught! You just have to be careful not to get kicked off because then you have no way to get back to your city and me and the elder I was with didn't have a phone! But we just waited for the ticket worker to walk past us and we would go the opposite way. It was pretty fun!
As far as investigators go, I met a guy named Nikulaj from Ukraine. He was put in the war but got blown up then escaped the hospital and came here illegally but he can't go back or they will put him in the war again. Also our investigator Gabriel brought his friend with him to a lesson and I asked him to get baptized and he said he would but the only problem is he doesn't speak Czech or English! haha so we have had a hard time teaching him, basically Gabriel translates for us but he doesn't speak good English either so its rough! We'll see how it goes!
Sorry I don't have any time left so I will tell more about it next week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment