Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 2 in Plzen

This week was great! The members are awesome and love to spend time with the missionaries so we get to do activities with them every once in a while which is so fun! I met a member named Gabi, she is the girl that I skyped in the MTC, it's crazy that I got put in the same city that she lives in. It was awesome that I got to meet her in person, she is crazy though! One time we were having a lesson with two investigators at the church building and she just walked in and started teaching with us, which is good though cause it is good to have members at lessons, anyways she keeps going way off topic talking about movies from America and all this stuff and then about half way through the lesson she pulls out an orange and started eating it and passing some out to our investigators! haha She's pretty funny!
On Tuesdays we get to teach English classes for an hour to anyone that wants to learn, so for like one hour out of the whole week I actually understand what people are saying! It's great! haha And one of my favorite investigators is from Romania so he kind of speaks English but no Czech so we teach him in English and he has been progressing really well except this last week he said he has to move because of work and he was telling us about how he works for the mob and I am pretty sure it is some kind of chop shop from how he described it so I am a little worried about him right now. But he is still meeting with us so hopefully we can figure things out! We have a lot of other investigators that are doing really well also, one guys name is Yun, he is from North Korea and he only got out of the country because his dad works for their government so he is going to school here but while he was here he realized that Korea is messed up and everything they taught him was wrong so he said here in Czech but because he never returned they killed his whole family so he is all alone. It is super sad but he is doing really well and he wants to get baptized!
So we have split zone leaders in my zone and because my companion is the zone leader he has to go on exchanges with the other zone leader a lot so me and Elder Beazer go on exchanges everytime the zone leaders go on exchanges and he has only been here for one transfer. So we are both really new and neither of us know the language very well and we were with each for two days! It was so fun though!
I also went to Prague to stay at the AP's apartment for the night then travel to Brno for training and as I was leaving the AP's said that they wanted to go on exchanges with me so I get to go to Prague again and go on exchanges with the AP's! It should be way fun!
Yesterday I gave my first talk in church. It went really well and I think everyone understood me for the most part so that was good! Then we went to a mental hospital to give the sacrament to a member there for depression but there are all of these crazy people that come up to me and ask me for stuff but I don't understand them. And we teach this one guy named Pavel that is there because he killed a guy but says he didn't so after 17 years in prison they put him there, he is not progressing very well. It's a super creepy place, I don't like it there... But it is great here and the language is coming a long alright! I love all of the people though and the members help with the language a lot!
One thing I have learned is that we definitely need to focus on the small blessings that God gives us each day, the more you focus on what good things have happened the happier your life is and the more you recognize God in your life. So this week look for those small blessing God gives us each day and remember to be grateful!
I hope you all have a great week!

Starší Paxton
This is when it first snowed and the view from our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment