Monday, May 2, 2016

Olomouc

Hey everyone! This was a crazy week! On Monday half of our district went to the Great Jewish Synagog and it was way cool to see. They also made us wear Yamakas? I don't know if that is the right word.
Training was on Wednesday and we got a big announcement that we will be having a country wide conference the 14th-15th. They aren't allowed to say what it is but we all know what it is and we are so excited!!
This week we had a movie night at our church building where we showed Meet the Mormons and had members translate it into Czech so that people could come and see what we are all about. We had a lot of people come and got 3 new investigators from it.
Saturday our investigator, Zdenek, got baptized!!! It was a great day! The craziest thing was that at the pool that he wanted to get baptized at, one of our other investigators was working there so he got to come to the baptism. The crazy thing is that he usually works at a different pool and Saturday was the only day he has ever worked at that pool. I guess God just wanted him to be there. After the baptism we got our calls for transfers and I am now in Olomouc. It is a city on the opposite side of the country and even bigger than Plzen. So I had a pretty long train ride this morning.
Yesterday after I gave my departing testimony my favorite grandma in the branch invited us over for one last dinner. It was pretty sad saying bye to her but she is convinced that I will come back and serve there again. haha It has been a great week and I am excited to serve in Olomouc now! I love you all, have a great week!

S laskou,
Elder Paxton

Sorry my camera isn't working with this computer so I will send pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment