Monday, May 16, 2016

Olomouc

This week was an amazing week!
After teaching English on Tuesday it was pouring rain and these little twin boys ran up to us and said "Elders can you make some time for us? Just 10 minutes so we can have some tea." (Just fruit tea don't worry) So we used our dinner time and went to their house to have some tea and they were so happy for us to come over and they shared what they have been doing in the For Strength of Youth pamphlet. It was a lot of fun.
Then this weekend we had a special conference in Prague so on Saturday we left our apartment to go to the train station but all of the trams were under construction so we had to sprint in our suits over 2 miles to get to the train station on time. And of course it was one of the hottest days we have had here so by the time we got to the train station we were soaked in sweat and turns out the train had a 15 minute delay! But its alright we made it to Prague eventually.
Saturday night we got to listen to President Uchtdorf and his wife give talks. One thing that was really funny is that one guy went up to President Uchtdorf and said German may be the celestial language but the one at the gate speaks Czech!
After the conference our recent convert from Plzen, Zdenek, ran up to me and said Elder Paxton! I got the priesthood today!! He was so happy to see me and tell me that he got the priesthood. Sunday we had our official conference where they called a stake president and patriarch. It was such and amazing experience to see all of our hard work here getting rewarded. President Uchtdorf and his wife spoke again and it was amazing. After the Sunday conference a member from Plzen came up to me and said Hey we need to get a selfie with President Uchtdorf!! But I had to be a good example as a missionary and didn't but I did go up there with him and he got his selfie with President Uchtdorf and I got to say hi. After they had a small picnic and I was able to see all of the members and investigators from Plzen. My favorite grandma from Plzen was there and was so excited to see me! The best thing happened, I was talking to some other people and she came up to me and said "I have been looking for you everywhere! I need help down these stairs, will you help me?" So I got to help her down the stairs and it made both our days! Then 3 girls (investigators) that Elder Carlson and I found were there and came up to me and it was so good to see how much they have progressed in the gospel. They are all preparing to be baptized and I am really excited for them.
The greatest thing was being able to see all the people from Plzen and having them come up to me and tell me how much progress they are making! That is what makes a mission worth it, being able to see peoples lives change and see how happy the gospel makes them. I was so lucky to see a little bit of that this weekend and witness the growth of the Czech Republic as they became a stake. The Lord really does bless us as we are faithful and work hard. President Uchtdorf talked a lot about having faith. As we make room for faith and give up some of the worldy things the Lord blesses us and our lives become better.
I hope you all have a great week and remember to make room for faith.

S Laskou,
Starší Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment