Monday, October 30, 2017

Hradec Kralove

Well this week has been an interesting one. Things are going great with Elder Collins, we are killin it here in HK! So this week we were contacting and this guy was like yeah I heard you teach English but I can't come on the days that you have it. So we said alright we will do a half hour of English and a half hour of the gospel. So a couple of days later we show up to the address and its like this big warehouse lookin thing, he comes out and was like whats up guys come on in. Turns out it is this huge 2 story garage where they fix only American cars so there are just tons of way nice sports cars, trucks and classic old cars there. We were like alright so how can we help with your English? But he says guys my English sucks and it doesn't really matter to me, I just have a bunch of questions about why you are here and what you believe. When I met you guys I felt like you had something I need. So we had a way sick lesson with him and he just kept saying that he felt like he needed to pay us back somehow so he was like if you ever need a car give me a call, my parents own a huge resort in the mountains so if you need a place to stay give me a call. Actually if you need anything, give me a call cause I know a lot of very well known people here so I can hook you up with anything you need. So yeah that was pretty sick and we are meeting with him again.
Then on Thursday we drove to Olomouc for exchanges and we did a big activity with the missionaries there where we made giant bubbles on the town square and talked to people about joy. We got a lot of families coming up and asking if their kids could try then we got to talk to the parents so it worked really well. I went tracting at the college dorms with Elder Zapalac and we decided that we would pray and ask which door we needed to knock then we would just walk up or down the stairs until we felt like there was a door we needed to knock. Then after every door we would pray and do it over again. We ended up only knocking 4 doors because everyone opened and we taught them.
Yesterday we drove to this city really far away to give a referral a Book of Mormon then on the way home we prayed to know which village we should stop in and tract. We stop in this really small village and start tracting 2 hours later nobody had let us in or even talked to us, one person threatened to call the cops and it was only 2 degrees Celsius with super strong wind and rain. So we are getting ready to drive home for dinner cause it was already past 8 but we saw a house with its lights on and we decided to knock one more door. They ended up letting us in and giving us fruit tea and food. It was a huge blessing from God and an answer to our prayers that the village we were in was the right village for us to tract.

Also on Saturday I hit my 2 year mark so I have officially been on my mission for over 2 years. I guess I'm just in over time now. lol Have a great week!

S laskou,
Starsi Paxton


No comments:

Post a Comment